06 June 2010

FIKA espresso bar


FIKA espresso bar has been tempting me each time that it popped up as a foursquare suggestion in my GPS. The Swedish cafe recently opened a new flagship location on Pearl Street just a stones throw from my apartment.


The cafe features a clean, simple layout- which feeds my Swedish half with pleasure. Although the gorgeous layout of truffles tempted, I decided to order a raspberry muffin- not much better, I know. After all, a muffin is simply an excuse to eat cake for breakfast. To drink, I requested a double iced Americano with milk.

The coffee is quite excellent, a bit buttery in its robust finish. Other tempting items on the menu include salads, scones and an egg sandwich with kaviar. I'm about to walk back over there. Kudos to Fika for being open on weekends and before noon!

images: from my iPhone

No comments: