20 June 2010

Cafe Pedlar


Rather than snagging a cab back to the city, we decided to walk home from Brooklyn's Cobble Hill. Along the trail home, we stopped into Cafe Pedlar, which I've been told makes "the world's greatest latte." Before I took a sip, I noticed the thoughtfully designed heart in the foam (you know it's going to be good when they don't pull a Starbucks and insist that the lid must be firmly placed before handing over your beverage).

The beverage is well balanced and served warm rather than burn your tongue- and to boot- the neighborhood feel secures your future patronage. A few locals came out to say hello to my Pug, a man rested on the bench out front- thoughtlessly balancing his coffee and small canine companion.

Read more at the New York Times.


Image: from my iPhone.

No comments: