10 October 2010

a brunch at Meade's


Within the brick exterior, a boisterous crowd, albeit older, crowded the long wooden bar of Meade's. The brunch menu offers the classics: omelets, full English breakfast, French toast and a handful of different Benedicts. As well, for a $12 supplement, you can enjoy unlimited bloody mary, mimosa and cape cod cocktails with your dish.

We sipped robust drip coffee with cream, as well an introductory bloody mary. A few groups around the bar were playing Connect Four and Jenga.

My company dipped into the hangar steak with poached eggs, tator tots and English muffin. For myself, the Mexican Benedict- which came with expertly poached eggs, delightfully buttery hollandaise and mild Chorizo- tater tots to boot. The mimosas flowed with enthusiasm, and I punctuated my meal by licking my fingers.

No comments: