04 January 2010

a lunch at SoHo Park


While I was only craving espresso, the prospect of soup and a warm place to camp out, brought SoHo Park into good thoughts. The buzzing venue offers rapid service at the walk-up counter. Despite the full bar + temptation of bourbon to line my shivering ribs, I opted for a skim cappuccino and the house roasted tomato soup. My company ventured to the Caesar salad with a fountain coke.


We snagged a few raised chairs at a long, communal table. The couple next to us offered to move over to lend more space. My piping hot cappuccino and soup forced me to sip with much care, a detail I didn't mind as I defrosted shedding my winter coat, hat, gloves and scarf. The finishing touches are what make SoHo Park: buttery croutons topping my soup, cinnamon on the coffee. I will certainly step through the doors again. The burgers and Belgian style frites look amazing!

images <via>

No comments: