06 September 2010

La Flor Del Paraiso


Stepping into La Flor Del Paraiso, I immediately regretted my decision. Although take-out seemed to be flowing through with a few delivery guys, the only other person eating inside was a bored waitress. I decided to sit down and remain point-positive. After all, running errands at Target in Downtown Brooklyn would certainly be more palatable after a few cocktails.

I sipped the happy hour special: peach cosmo ($6) and nibbled on chips and housemade salsa while glancing over the menu. The selections included Southwestern classics- enchiladas, nachos, grilled octopus and avocado salad. With only a slight appetite, I requested a beef empanada. The dish is complimented by sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo. Quite enjoyable, albeit nothing particularly exciting.


No comments: