13 April 2008

a Met's game.



A stressful work work deserves a live sports venue. I had anticipated the office being a gauntlet- with nearly everyone tied up or out in the field- the additional responsibility was deeply enriching. I definitely need a challenging, high-pressure atmosphere to be happy.

The ideal treat- after I returned from Croton Reservoir where I enjoyed a spinach salad lunch, my boss offered me four dynamite tickets to the Met's game. It takes quite a bit for me to venture into Queens territory, and despite our fatal mistake of getting on the 7, rather than the 7-express train to Shea Stadium, the evening was glorious. Nothing like slightly crispy hot dogs in stale buns and eight-dollar beers to fuel your cheers. I brought Brittian & Vadim- and Brittian tagged Gillian in.

Brittian noted that the Met's games were more fun than the Yankees- as the fans get more involved. (Blue-Collar thing? Like the Cubs Vs. the Sox??)

Food Chow KitchenAfter the game, we crowded onto the 7-Express back to Manhattan and transfered back to Brooklyn for a Rhone region rose and take-out Chinese from the to seal off of glutenous evening...


1 comment:

vadim said...

badass game, too bad the word on the street is that the brewers slaughtered them the next day. too much beer (Not enough?). the planes flying over head unseen were a nice creepy addition.