14 January 2009

You just can't make this up.


Well, I've been looking for a share. It seems that housing in NYC, (which I've been told), is more difficult to settle than obtaining a job. It is a gauntlet. I'll admit that I have been spoiled for the past few years: living with NYU guys, of whom have the connections, the handle. My search has been nothing short of: strenuous. It's a delicate balance of timing, clever pitch and communicating 'normalcy'.

After exchanging a few emails with this NYU Poly grad student from China, he pops up on my gchat:


Jie:
hi
me: hi
Jie: there is a big deal for you
lol, I reduce the rent to 800 per month
Sent at 12:45 AM on Wednesday
me: why?
Jie: the living room is so big, I want to rent it out, so that ppl can share fewer rent
me: ummm
Jie: I add you on facebook
I dont know if that is you, but you can add me so I can see you
Sent at 12:48 AM on Wednesday
Jie: Hello?
Sent at 12:55 AM on Wednesday



---And it's time to say: Next.


Photo courtesy: Vadim Grinberg.

No comments: