15 November 2008

it's moccasin season


Thunderbird's by Minnetonka
$38.95


The Loafer Moccasin by Old Friend.
$49.95

The Dakota by Ugg
$99.95

New Yorkers consider flip-flops a summer essential when commuting to the office- and in the Spring and Fall we have our wellies. Winter calls for Ugg's. I fought the Ugg trend for sometime and eventually gave in. I've always felt a bit awkward when wearing Ugg boots with slacks, in the same way I typically choose a skirt with my wellies. You just can't tuck them in. I tried once and tossed the practice out the window after being laughed at by my favorite Belgian cafe owner. He quite literally pointed to my slacks tucked into my wellies and chuckled with his hand over his mouth. Shuffling a bit I debated,
"These are Burberry! I'm dry!"

"Oh, no, no-no! Do-en't do-uh that."

Ergo: I 've decided no Uggs or wellies with trousers. While in Connecticut, it occurred to me: Moccasins. A style tip borrowed from Becky G., of whom implements moccasins in colder months. Toasty warm and comfortable, they are fit well in your satchel after you change into your pumps. Problem solved. They aren't the most beautiful shoes on the block, but they are continually being redesigned in fun colors and designs. J.Crew often introduces vibrant colors



No comments: