19 April 2010

a brunch at Harry's Italian

Tucked under 2 Gold, Harry's Italian is filled with warm garlicy air. The clean layout offers a modern feel to its family style dining menu. Wood fired pizza dominates the menu with pastas and calzones to boot. I popped in for brunch this past weekend- having been temped by the $14.95 Prix-Fixe. I found the bar counter was scattered with patrons dining alone and a few pairs watching the game on the large flat screen.



The menu offers unlimited mimosas/bloody mary cocktails with choice of entree and coffee or tea. Among the choices: frittatas, pizzettes, salads and calzones. I ordered a mimosa and the pizzette with dressed freshly shaved parmesan, proscuitto and dressed arugula. The massive square pie came in with generous portions of greens and thinly sliced cheese and proscuitto. A lively mix of flavors complimented the thin crust pie. I would highly recommend this dish- well matched with its fresh mozzarella and olive oil (rather than red sauce).

The menu also boasts a "hangover pie," topped w/ pepperoni, hot sauce and fries. While somewhat curious, I decided not to go that route. The bar keep provided attentive and non-invasive service. Upon inquiring about delivery/event/cater services- she smiled and brought me literature. I will certainly return and suggest the venue to others.

Images: from my iPhone

No comments: