19 November 2013

Birchbox: Limited Edition Snow Day Box

So many good things have been happening with Birchbox  lately (and dominating Rose NYC)! The Limited Edition Snow Day box is among these things! I ordered one for myself and when it arrived, I was so impressed with assortment of lifestyle products, I decided to send one to my mother as well. I'm waiting with baited breath for her to receive it!  Valued at $105, the box is priced at an amazing $39.  The items vary slightly per box in terms of color, flavor or scent.

Details on my haul:

MALIN+GOETZ Votive- Cannabis Scent
At first glance, I wrinkled my nose at the name. However! My first inhale revealed notes of fig and pepper- this little light is sophisticated! Moral of the story? Never doubt, always try!

Askinosie  Chocolate Single Origin Cocoa Powder
Fair trade and sourced from the Philippines, this rich cocoa is pitch perfect with warm milk, a little agave syrup and a pinch of sea salt. The company is nestled is Wisconsin, where I'd expect folks to know the importance of a good cup of cocoa on a chilly winter night!

Three Tarts Gourmet Marshmallows
In my world, cocoa isn't complete without a few bobbing marshmallows.  Three Tarts adds a delicious twist with flavors like Cinnamon and Rosemary Chocolate. I'm considering a field trip to the shop in  New York City's Chelsea neighborhood to pick up a few bags to give a hostess gifts. If you're not local to New York, you can purchase them directly from the Birchbox shop.

Chantecaille Flower Infused Cleansing Milk
Albeit a teeny tiny little sample, this gentle cleanser removes make-up and impurities with warm water. It's pleasant, but I'm not compelled to adopt it into my routine. I will enjoy packing it in my overnight bag the next time we take a brief getaway!

Chantecaille Jasmine & Lily Healing Milk
I have to get serious when it comes to moisturizers in the winter. I've actually resorted to massaging honey into my face and washing away after 10-15 minutes (a tip from a fresh faced 70 year old German colleague that works wonders!). Ergo, I'm always on the prowl for fantastic skin care products. The Jasmine and Lily Healing milk is formulated with pure rose water, which provides noticeable improvements in a single use. If you're in a mood to splurge and would like to avoid the sticky honey alternative, this one's for you.

Happy Socks Combed Cotton Crew Socks
There an no more than a half a dozen pairs of socks in my drawer (my shoe selection is dominated by a large population of pumps), but when I want them, I need them! Sweden-based Happy Socks offers scads of playful designs. The quality is fantastic and I'm thrilled to have them around to keep my little piggies toasty warm.

Jonathan Adler Fireplace Matches
In my eyes, Jonathan Adler is the bees knees in the world of vibrant entertaining patterns. I scored some great outdoor trays and bowls by way of our wedding registry that I use when entertaining on our terrace or roof deck. These fireplace matches are super long and contained in a sturdy and pretty tube. My husband super excited to use them to fire up the grill! And I'm super excited for him to grill for me!

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
I keep a tube of hand cream in my cube and in my handbag at all times. L'Occitane blends shea butter and vitamin E into a power couple that delivers love to your winter chapped hands. It's next in line to be tossed in my handbag when my current tube empties.

Mox Botanicals Matcha & Clementine Body Soak
I haven't had a chance to sample this product just yet, but the formula is rich matcha green hue and if it's anywhere as gorgeous as their lip butters, it's going to be a great thing.

S.W.  Basics Organic Lip Balm in Cinnamon
Five simple ingredients blend together to create this amazing balm. The cinnamon features cardamon in the formula, which is absolutely heavenly. It tastes like my Swedish mum's from scratch braided breads.

Scrabble Birchbox Edition Mini Game Set
Compact and equipped for two, this mini board is perfect for healthy dose of competition with your significant other and a bottle of velvety red wine.

***

Get your paws on a box for your self or gift to others! It would be great to break up into a handful of gifts as well. Available for a limited time at the Birchbox Shop.

No comments: