26 January 2010

a lunch at Mapo Tofu

Lunch in Midtown is always a toss-up. Granted, I have a rotating set of favorites, it's always a treat to sit down in an unfamiliar venue. I met up with former clients to catch up on what's good at the Chanin building. With tight schedules preventing us from venturing too far, we decided to enjoy their Murray Hill favorite: Mapo Tofu.

The interior is nothing to write home about- drab tables and red walls and a light buzz of staff. We took a round table in the back. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I ordered. I do know that it was chicken with scallions, delightfully spicy and served with choice of rice and soup. I selected the Wonton and brown rice. Hot tea calmed our lunch-time rush, the conversation was good. As we closed our meal (far too much food for me to finish), service tapered off a bit. The gentlemen mentioned that they're usually dropping the check prematurely- this was not the case this afternoon. We were practically begging as we headed towards the door to our respective meetings.


image: yelp

No comments: